10 May 2010

here are severals poems for Mother's Day :)




Title: M - O - T - H - E - R

"M" is for the million things she gave me,

"O" means only that she's growing old,

"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,

"H" is for her heart of purest gold,

"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,

"R" means right, and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER"

A word that means the world to me

------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Mother

If I could give you diamonds

for each tear you cried for me


If I could give you sapphires

for each truth you've helped me see

 If I could give you rubies

for the heartache that you've known


If I could give you pearls

for the wisdom that you've shown

 Then you'll have a treasure, mother,

that would mount up to the skies

 That would almost match

the sparkle in your kind and loving eyes

 But I have no pearls, no diamonds,

As I'm sure you're well aware

 So I'll give you gifts more precious

My devotion, love and care

------------------------------------------------------------